5th January marks the birth anniversary of guru gobind singh. The entire country marks his birthday as Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti. Here are some amazing facts and reminders of the Legendary Guru Gobind Singh.
Guru Gobind Singh The Divine Messenger
Guru Govind Singh is the divine messenger, a warrior, a poet, a philosopher, Guru of the Sikh community. He brought the Sikh religion in its present shape, by instituting the Khalsa fraternity, and completed the Holy Guru Granth Sahib, in the final form. Before his demise in 1708, He prescribed the Guru Granth Sahib as the next and immortal Guru of the Sikhs.
- Guru Gobind Singh was the only son of Guru Tej Bahadur.
- He was the 10th Sikh Guru the successor after his father Guru Tej Bahadur.
- He was crowned as the tenth Guru only at 9 years of age.
- He was born in Patna Sahib, Bihar presently known as the capital city of Patna.
- An amazing fact on the birthday of Guru Govind Singh. His birthday generally falls in December or January or sometimes twice in a year, according to the Hindu Bikrami Calendar based on a lunar calendar.
- Guru Gobind Singh was a gifted intellectual with spiritual and military leadership. He has penned many spiritual compositions.
- The Dasam Granth is a complete compilation of his written works.
- He advised the Sikhs to regard the Guru Granth Sahib as their teacher.
- The Guru Granth Sahib is the perpetual guru of the Sikhs in today’s age.
- This day witnesses large processions and special prayer gatherings at Gurudwaras all over the world.